Lullabot is seeking a friendly, detail-oriented, and proactive sales account executive to be a key point of contact for potential Tugboat customers. The ideal candidate will be organized, adaptable, self-motivated, and enjoy working collaboratively with a small team (wearing multiple hats as the need arises). They'll also be able to manage themselves in a remote work environment while providing superb communication to team members. Equally important is an individual that can stand behind and support Lullabot’s Core Values.
This is a full-time freelance position for the next six months, with a mutual option to renew for another six months towards the end of the term.
Please apply by Monday, December 9th.
- Spreading the Tugboat message by understanding customers' needs and mentoring them to find the right solution. Sometimes Tugboat is a great match, and other times we might not be. You'll always do what's best for the client and then Tugboat.
- Ownership of the full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Initiate, negotiate, and close new and renewal contracts with customers.
- Establish lasting relationships with senior executives and decision-makers.
- Foster new relationships for Tugboat through outbound efforts.
- Solidifying relationships with Tugboat’s customers - extolling Tugboat’s successes, owning Tugboat’s failures, and serving as the customer’s advocate within Tugboat when needed.
- Forming mutually beneficial partnerships with businesses, community members, and potential customers alike.
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks with an emphasis on customer happiness and education of new features and releases.
- Responding to inquiries, even the small ones that need some pointing in the right direction.
- Reporting to the CEO on a weekly basis and the team 2-3 times per week with updates and blockers.
- Using the following skills daily: friendliness, judgment, empowerment, respect, integrity, tact, honesty (it is the best policy, after all).
You Should Have
- Integrity: it’s an absolute requirement that you are honest and ethical.
- Self-direction: able to work independently and within a team, and consistently manage your tasks.
- A background as a web developer and a keen understanding of the DevOps and general CMS landscape.
- A discerning, critical mindset that avoids cynicism.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with an eye for detail; there’s no second chance to make a first impression.
- A reliable high-speed internet connection and phone service.
- 3+ years of Account Executive experience.
- Relevant sales experience in a SaaS organization, including managing a pipeline, closing large contracts, and an ability to develop senior-level relationships quickly and effectively.
Availability: We're looking for a full-time (40 hours per week), U.S.-based candidate who can start approximately Tuesday, January 7th.
Compensation: $60-75/hr, with invoices paid monthly.
How will we measure success?
Like anything, we understand it takes a bit of time to ramp up to a new gig. At the end of 6 months, Lullabot will have spent roughly $70,000 in wages for the position, and we’d be looking to come in a little above break-even with this investment. Our minimum expectation is to hit a Monthly Recurring Revenue goal of $20,000 of new business by the end of six months.
There are other measures of success: am I enjoying the work? Is the market opportunity substantial? Am I having fun? By keeping the line of communication open through weekly check-ins, we will navigate these conversations together.
The long term goal of Tugboat is to become its own company in the next 1-2 years, similar to our other sister company, Osio Labs.